This annual award was created to encourage and financially assist soccer players, coaches, or officials in the pursuit of their academic and athletic careers. Awarded to students with satisfactory academic standing entering, or continuing in an undergraduate or graduate degree program who are members of, or whose parent(s) are members of Calgary United Soccer Association.
Four Scholarships, $1,000 Each (2022)
- The athlete, or their parent, must have been a member of CUSA or officiated for CUSA for at least one full season of play prior to application;
- The athlete must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate, professional or graduate program at a university, college or technical institute in Alberta for the upcoming year;
- High School students must have confirmed admission programs at post-secondary school. Existing postsecondary students must have maintained a satisfactory academic standing in the previous fall and winter terms as full-time students at the institute;
- Exceptional leadership activities, and potential to develop as a significant contributor to Soccer;
- The applicant has not been awarded this scholarship over the past 12 months.
Athletic Performance: Include information related to performance achievements as a player, coach or official.
- Club and/or school or collegiate team:
- CUSA participation of Parent (if applicable)
- Your CUSA participation
- Your Athletic Performance:
- Appearances and placements at National or Provincial Championships
- League performances
- Other notable results
Community Service or other Volunteer Activities:
Include those activities you were involved with during the past 3 years.
Provide an outline of your role, time commitment and reference contact.
Provide up to three reference letters from your soccer, community or academic involvement and performance.
Submit by email to email@example.com by the deadline of September 6th, 2022 by close of business.